Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Strange encounter

I've pretty much been wandering around in a daze since Sam died. But today I passed Kirk in the hallway. I started to sneer at him and he looked me, smiled and said "Hiya, Kenni! How are you doing today?" Like he doesn't know! Or is he trying to rub it in? I didn't think he was THIS much of a jerk. So I say, as coldly as I can "I think you know."

Then he kinda glances around like someone who isn't in on a joke and then says "No, is there something wrong? If Mr. Scott isn't taking good care of you fellows in Engineering, you just let me know. You guys are the lifeblood of this ship and I depend on you. You are far and away my favorite department."

Okay, now that was too weird. He was so absolutely sincere about it. I've seen him in action and I *know* that he's not THAT good of an actor. He's like really wacked out or something. I see him wave at one of my buddies and give him a pat on the back. Something is definitely wrong here, so I call Mr. Spock.

Mr. Spock comes down and I describe the whole thing to him. He knows how much old fancy-pants hates Engineering, so it strikes him as strange, too. We start looking for Jerk and find him in the transporter room. Spock makes me wait outside so he can deal with Kirk personally. I don't know what he said, but the next thing I know, Kirk is screaming at the top of his lungs about half-breed interference and stuff like that. Then I hear the transporter beam go on. About a minute later, it went on again. Then nothing.


Update:
Just after I started my shift, one of the guys told me that there was an android Kirk on board the ship. Man, wouldn't it have been cool to capture it and reprogram it! That would be way better than our mannequin, which is looking pretty bad since I punched it out after Sam's death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home