Monday, April 04, 2005

The Nice List

I think there are probably only three officers that I really like in the senior command staff. Mr. Scott is great. He's an Engineer, and although he is tough on us, we all feel like he watches out for us, too. He puts up with our cutting up, and every once in a while, especially when he has been drinking, he will join in the fun.

Dr. McCoy, as I said before, is a nice old guy. He doesn't seem much like a commander, just a kindly doctor who seems to genuinely care about his patients. He has bawled me out quite a few times, though, the last time over the sunburn I got from the anti-matter prank.

Lieutenant Uhura is my other favorite. She's one of those officers who doesn't talk down to you when you are a crewman. Whenever she sees me, she smiles and says "Hello, Kenneth!" Since I know she's doing it in order to not talk down to me, I don't have the heart to tell her that my name is Kenni, not Kenneth. She don't take no crap, though. If she catches you screwing around, she'll set you back on the straight course. And if she calls you "Mister", you KNOW you have really done it. She caught me one time putting No-Friction solution on the floor and walls in an area where Ensign Jerk liked to jog. She lit into me big time, made me clean it up and report myself to Mr. Scott. Next days, she all "Hello, Kenneth!" again like it never happened. Mr. Scott didn't let me off so easy, though. He gave me radiation cleanup duty for a week. He also told me to make sure I didn't get caught the next time I was picking on Jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home