Sunday, May 01, 2005

Sheesh! Space has freaky weather!

I always thought that going into space meant that I wouldn't have to deal with "weather" like you do when you have an atmosphere. I was wrong. We hit a really bad ion storm today. I ended up working a double shift in Warp.

It's bad enough that we were doing our best to keep the engines from blowing up, but to also dodge the freak electrical surges is really a hassle. It's like trying to dodge a lightning storm while carrying a 30-foot metal pole. My hair is still standing on end. I stuck close to Charica, trying to guide her through the whole ordeal. She was a lot calmer than I was. Crewman Banes got hit by a charge, Charica gave him immediate treatment and had him on the way to sick bay before I could even remember all the procedures. She's great, but I'm beginning to think she's too good for me. I don't even know if she likes me.

The ship is pretty messed up now.. there are quite a few injuries and half a dozen systems are offline. This is going to take a while to fix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home